The Alzheimer's Aid Society of Northern California exists to provide support, education, and compassion to caregivers and their loved ones throught the journey of Alzheimer's disease. We are here for YOU!! Use this website to find a support group near you, learn more about Alzheimer's, or find help on what to do next.
- SPECIAL NOTE: The Sacramento Caregiver Support Groups will not meet on Tuesday, December 23rd,
as it is Christmas week and the Alzheimer's Aid Society office will be closed to allow our volunteers to be with
family and friends for the holidays. We will start up again on the following Tuesday, December 30th.
- The November-December 2014 "Forget-Me-Not" Newsletter is now online!
- The next Alzheimer's Café: Start 2015 with fun and friends!!
- Sacramento - Thursday, January 8th at 2:00 p.m.
- Woodland - Wednesday, January 21st at 2:00 p.m.
- "Holiday Hints: Alzheimer's Caregiving Tips" contains tips on how to balance busy holiday activities
with everyday care for a person with Alzheimer’s disease from the National Institute on Aging.
See additional tips in the November-December "Forget-Me-Not" Newsletter.
A BIG THANK YOU!!
In early November, the Tuesday Club donated $40,000 to the Alzheimer's Aid Society. In the photograph below,
Sheryl Ashby, CEO of the Society, accepts the check from Robbie King (l)and Nancy Leneis (r). The Society was
one of four charities to receive contributions from the soon to be disbanded club. Thank you, ladies!!
Services and Events
How Can You Help?
You can attend one of our support group meetings and share your experiences with
others, volunteer to help in the office,
Be Kind - Be Loving - Be Understanding - Be Patient
or make a general donation or memorial gift online (see below). Call us at (800) 540-3340 or (916) 483-2002.